Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our little runner

My dad had this brainy idea that Morgs should run the 1 mile fun run at the Rural Rush in Overisel. I decided to run the 5k. I had reservations about having Morgan do it but we figured we could stop at any place and turn around. After the 5k was done (which I won't tell you my time but I will say I ran the whole thing which is an accomplishment since I haven't ran 3 miles since May 2009!! I'm finally able to walk today and not be in such pain!!) we lined up for the 1 mile fun run. The plan was that Morgs and my dad would run it and we would watch them. That didn't work...Morgs saw me up the street and decided she wasn't going unless I was going with her too...since we weren't that far up I start going with her! AHH! The longest mile in my life (I think I would have done another 5k then to run this mile) but the fact that she finished the whole mile and when we came around the corner to the finish line and the football players are clapping and people are cheering for her...it was all worth it!!

Neal cut my dad's head off...I think I have a better picture on the camera! She loves her shirt that she got and I have a hard time getting it off of her!

0 comments: