Being goofy with the measuring cup.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 7:23 AM
Friday, November 28, 2008
We had a very good but busy Thanksgiving! We were thankful for good weather! I even saw the sun yesterday!! We started the morning by going to church. I had to be in the nursery (one of the jobs of being on the committee-Thanksgiving or Christmas). Then we stopped by my grandparents (Lynema) and talked with them for a little while. Grandma made PEANUT BUTTER PIE!!! I have wanted that all week long!!! Then we went to my parents for a little bit and then to my other grandparents (Burton) for lunch. After lunch we went home for alittle bit and then to Neal's aunt & uncle's for supper. It was a busy day and Morgan did so well and had so much fun playing with everyone! We hope you had a great day too!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 7:02 AM
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I know we should be thankful all the time however with Thanksgiving tomorrow it reminds us to "count our blessings." This year hasn't been the best for us but in the big picture it wasn't that bad.
I (we) am thankful for:
- A wonderful husband who is so supportive, loving and caring. I think of those who are without a spouse because of death or because they haven't found that "right" one yet! I also think of those that are going through or have gone through a hard time in their relationship.
- A beautiful daughter who has brought so much joy to our life. We can't think of life without and are so thankful for this gift that God has given to us. I think of the Lubbers, the Busschers, the Harmsens, the Piers and so many more that would do anything to spend one more day or minute with their son or daughter.
- Wonderful parents, in-laws, brother & sister-in law, brother-in law & sister-in law (soon!), grandparents, aunts, uncles & cousins. Who have taught me so much and have been so loving, caring and supportive. I think of those who have lost a parent, sibling or family member. I think of the Voorhees family, Corie, the Dekkers and many others that again would give anything for more time with someone they love.
- Our Friends! We are so thankful for each and everyone of you. We may not talk often but know that we care about you all! I think of those that don't have good friends or relationships that are broken
- Our Health. Besides an ear infection that we have been dealing with we have been very healthy in our house. I think of those who struggle daily with health issues, Mike, Caleb, Aunt Von's brother and many more!
- Our jobs. Not that we love our jobs or they are exactly where we want to be but they are jobs. There are so many people without jobs! Thank you that we have ours!
- Our Freedom. We are so thankful for the freedoms that we have and that chance to go to church tomorrow. We are thankful of those who are serving our county...Ryan, Matt and many more. We are thankful for Kevin's safe trip home!
- The roof over our heads, the food on our table and many other things that we take for granted each and everyday. There are so many people that don't have a warm bed to crawl into at night or a nice meal on their table
We are so thankful for everyone and everything that we have been blessed with in our lives. We do have so much to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving. We thank God for each day and blessing that he has given us. We pray that you have a blessed Thanksgiving. We pray that you will take time to be thankful and count your blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!
Neal, Rachel & Morgan
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 3:21 PM
Monday, November 24, 2008
I had a coupon from Meijers to get cheap cards (however, looking at it, it wasn't so cheap!) but anyway...I wanted to get some Christmas pictures of Morgan. So this is what we got. I probably won' t use them now but I thought they were cute! Some turned out better than others!!! :) (like the one with her mullet hair!!)
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 6:57 AM
Friday, November 21, 2008
Yesterday while I was getting ready Morgan was being goofy. So I was taking some different pictures and since I haven't blogged lately I thought I would post these!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 8:33 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 9:39 AM
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Our little girl is 16 months old today!!! WOW!!!!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 9:28 AM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Well I guess I spoke too soon!!! If you remember Morgan had an ear infection when she went in for her 15 month check-up. She also had lost weight but we thought it was because she was sick and because I wasn't giving her enough milk. Since then I have been giving her plenty of milk or dairy products! However, for about a week & half she hasn't been eating that well. I was thinking she was just being picky. Saturday was probably the worse...she didn't eat breakfast and didn't want lunch and ate a little at supper (thanks to her cousin Jackson). Monday, Neal took her in to get her second flu shot and they were suppose to look at her ears...(correction....Neal did ask but the nurse told him NO...who was the nurse...the same rude lady that I talked to!!!)
This morning I decided to call the doctor and talk to the nurse since she hasn't been eating! The nurse was the rudest lady ever and more or less told me...she gets 3 meals and nothing in between!!! This totally goes against what the dr. said a couple of weeks ago. At this point I'm feeling like the worse mother ever! So on my way to pick Morgan up I decided to call the dr. and make an appointment to get her ears checked! I was able to get in at 4:15. I got to Jess' and Jess was concerned about her because she was acting so different (good...so I'm not being an over anal first time mom!)
We get to the dr. and they check her temp. No temp but she never runs a temp! I ask if we can weigh her...20 lbs 11 oz down from 21.5 (3 weeks ago!) So something is going on! The dr. decides to check her blood sugar. At this point now I'm freaking out (everything was running through my mind...I didn't want to end up in the hospital again!) The sugar turned out fine! Thank you Lord! The dr. comes in and looks at her ears. The one looks good but the other one is still pretty bad! She gives her some more meds that she is suppose to have once a day. If she isn't better by Saturday I have to bring her back in that day! We have to re-eval in 3 weeks!! Ahhhh!!!! That was my day! Is it the weekend yet?
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 8:21 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I don't know who is more entertaining....you decide!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 8:24 PM
A year ago this week we were in the hospital with Morgan. She had a very high fever and just wasn't herself! I'm so glad that we aren't there this year and that we haven't had to go through again with her! She is a happy and healthy little girl that we are so thankful for!!!!!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 7:03 AM
Friday, November 7, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 8:39 PM
So off to the bathroom we go. I put her on there and she did it!!! :) I yelled for Neal who brought the camera and a magazine! :) We were so happy...even though it probably won't happen for a while again!!!
Doing her business!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 7:34 AM
Monday, November 3, 2008
Who wears a Lion's sweatshirt to a Bears game??
The football coaches in front of a soccer sign!!!
What a view!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 6:50 AM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Yesterday, I dressed her in her cheerleading outfit (the correct one) and we went to Hudsonville to the Callaghans. Then she went to Grandpa & Grandma VZ.
Last night, Neal and I had a Halloween party at the Staat's house! These have always been quite interesting. At 6pm Neal decided (great planner!) that we needed costumes! So this is what we were! Neal won first place costume...not bad! I was so proud!!!!! Angie babysat Morgan (hope she is allowed to come back!) Today, Neal is at the Chicago Bear-Detroit Lions game. Morgan & I are headed to church and then to my mom's, since my dad is gone!!
Have a great Sunday!
Posted by The VanderZwaags at 8:06 AM