Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Scope Test

My mom, Morgan & I arrived very early for our appointment (miss calculation on my part!) We were able to get taken into the room early (8:50 instead of 9:15) so it wasn't that bad!!! They hooked IV port thingy up and then we were ready to move to the next room! Dr. Winters put the med into Morgan's IV thingy and within 20 seconds she was sound to sleep. My mom & I said I tearful good byes and off to the waiting room we went. About 15 minutes later Dr. Conrad came back with pictures of the stomach, small intestine and esophagus(which...didn't really impress me since I'm not sure what they are "normally" suppose to look like!) He is pretty confident that Celiac is what Morgan has but we have to wait about a week for the biopsy results to come back. We were able to get back to the room and waited patiently for her to wake up! After a few cold wash clothes she finally woke up. She drink her milk and we were on our way...in the car ready to go at 10:30!
I met BRIEFLY with the dietitian who will be calling next week. Once I talk with her and we get the final results we will begin this life long journey and diet!
Again, thanks for the prayers!
Before heading to the "operating" room
Out like a light!!! Taking a "hard" nap!
Where they put the IV. We found an excellent vein if we ever need more blood work!! We should have painted her toes!

0 comments: