Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

Waiting for Daddy...not wanting to take a Thanksgiving picture!
Standing by her Turkey she made! A little happier now!

Happy Turkey Day (as Morgan would say!!) We pray that you are having a blessed Thanksgiving day! To be thankful all year long is what is important but I think on Thanksgiving it's a good reminder to be thankful. This morning we went to South Olive CRC for church and the message was to be thankful no matter what. Pastor Barton had two people come up front...he gave one a piece of pie! That boy was so excited! Then he gave another girl a piece and she was excited! The boy however wasn't quite as excited anymore...the girl's piece was bigger...it made me think...I always want something better....I always want the "bigger" piece. I look at others and see what they have and wish I could have it. Instead I need to be thankful for what I have. My grandma & I just talked this week about being thankful even when you don't want to! There were so many times this summer that I wasn't thankful. I couldn't understand why God wouldn't allow me to get a teaching position. However, He has a plan (even though I'm not sure what it is yet), He has a plan! Be thankful in all circumstances.
Today, be thankful for the "piece" you have! Enjoy your day! I know I will!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, The VanderZwaags

0 comments: