Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 26, 2008

What a weekend!!!

It has been a VERY busy weekend at the VanderZwaags!


Friday Neal took the day off and met me at Tunnel Park. My students had a field trip with other CBIs and High School students. The weather was nice...a little chilly at first but I did manage to get my face burnt!!! Bobbie Jo took a picture for us but I haven't gotten it from her yet...when I do I'll post it. Morgan got to experience her first trip to the beach. One of many I'm sure!!!!

Saturday we spent the day at the garage sale. What a ton of work!!! We didn't do anything spectacular but hey...we sold some stuff which is nice!!! It is money in our pocket that we didn't have before! :)

Saturday night we went and visited my grandparents, uncle & aunts and cousins. They were camping in Zeeland with some other people. A friend from elementary/high school was also camping with them. She has a 8 month old little girl named Emma. Morgan & Emma had fun playing together and riding in the stroller. Well...they did until Morgan started beating Emma up! I think I have a bully on my hands!!!!
Sunday night we went over to BJ & Tami's for supper! That was a ton of fun and Morgan enjoyed being the center of attention!!!!



Monday morning we went to the Zeeland Parade and then to the Olive Township Cemetery. Lunch at the Olive Diner. The afternoon/evening was spent doing yard work!!! Hopefully, Neal & I will be able to move tomorrow!!!!!
It has been a very busy weekend but we are thankful for the men and women that have served our country for our freedom. We pray for those that are still serving our country (Kevin VanderZwaag, Ryan Veneberg, Matt VanDenBelt, and many, many more!) We are so thankful for the freedom that we have and we hope our troops make it home safely very soon!!!

2 comments:

girl meets carpenter said...

I love the picture of Morgan with grandpa VanderZwaag! How precious! I'm sure she is a very spoiled grand-daughter!!

mckeefamily03 said...

Rachel,
I really enjoy checking out your blog! Can you believe we have kids??? I love seeing what is happening in your life! Your daughter is beautiful!
Traci "Kruithoff" McKee