Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Detroit Tigers

Yesterday morning we headed to Detroit to catch a Tiger's game. A few months ago Neal called me and said that Kent had extra tickets to the game. I got to decide since it was my birthday (yep, the big 27!) Anyway, we headed to Detroit yesterday and watched a great game. It was tied going into the bottom of the ninth. Maggs just flied out (a deep ball-looked like it was going to be out!) Miguel Cabrera got up and hit a walk off home run (this is the third walk off homer I have seen!) Morgan did awesome on the way down (even with DVD player issues) and at the game. So many people commented on how good of a baby she was (Neal & I are truly blessed!) We couldn't have asked for better weather....78, breezy and we were under the canopy-so we had shade!!
After walking around the stadium for a while we decided to head to our hotel (or should I say motel!) Neal & I decided that we would just spend the night in Howell (since it was my birthday and our anniversary is coming up). So we found a motel that we thought wouldn't be too bad and it had a pool. Let's just say, I didn't undo the bed in fear of what could be in there. Morgan and I slept in the one bed and Neal slept on the other.

Once we got to the motel we decided to go swimming. The pool was outside and pretty interesting. It was clean (no green stuff growing) but there were lots of bugs floating. (YUCK!!) There were two other kids in the pool with us. Morgan enjoyed laughing at the boy. However, she wasn't too sure of the water. It might have been a little cold at first. She did get use to it but she still wasn't that impressed. After we got out of the pool everyone showered. Not that I felt clean afterwards but it was nice to feel not so dirty. This was the first time Morgan took a bath in a tub (we don't have a tub on the main floor). This too took some getting use to but she quickly figured out it wasn't too bad. This morning we packed up quickly and thought we would get a bit to eat (free breakfast at the motel!) As you can tell by the last picture of Morgan...it wasn't that great!


The trip was a fun one...lots of memories...I'm just glad Morgan won't remember any of them!!! :)

1 comments:

roo said...

how was the pool!!!!!!!!!=]