Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

What a weekend!

Our weekend started with blueberry pancakes. As you can tell, Morgan really enjoyed them (all over the face & in the hair!!!) I know she would have enjoyed them more if they were Hemme blueberries but we'll have to wait another month for those.

In the afternoon we had two open houses to attend. My cousin Laura's and the daughter of a guy that coaches with Neal. After that we headed out to Diamond Springs (that's way out there!!) to visit Neal's cousin Jodi & Luke and their almost 1 year old Jackson (don't cry Jodi..we'll make it through!!) We ate hot dogs off the grill. After we ate we decided to head over to Sandy Pines for ice-cream before it rained. We got there and ordered and it started to sprinkle. We quickly ate and made it back to their house. That's when it started to really storm!!! Jackson & Morgan played for a little bit before Jackson had to go to bed. Sorry about the picture...what do you expect when you have two little ones that like to move!!! Thanks Jackson for sharing your cool toys...hope we can play again soon! We waited a little bit until it "calmed" down and headed home.

What a drive (lots of water, trees & wind)...Neal thought we would be fine (and we were...thank that Lord) but we came home to no power! Nice...when I called they said it would be back by 9pm Sunday and then I called again and they said 4pm Monday. With that news we pack our bags and headed to my parents! They had power & air...two things I decided I can't live without!!! We stopped for breakfast at Perkins and then Megan called saying that there was power...so we headed back home!
Later on Megan came over for a shower and that is when more storms came through! Neal & Eddie decided to watch it come in. It was pretty cool...I will have to confess (I'm usually freaking out when there is bad weather...and being outside is not on my list of places to be in a storm!!!)



After all the excitement Morgan & I decided to take a nap!!! Hope these stormy weekends don't happen to often!!!!

3 comments:

Keelie said...

Whew! It was QUITE the weekend for you guys! I was hoping everyone down there was o.k. I heard Hamilton on the news and Holland with the flooding! Glad you're alright. The picture of the guys is great!
LOVE the picture of you and Morgan sleeping - how absolutely precious!
Miss you!:)

jodi said...

Were you the people that called in about the weather in West Olive? Right after you left someone had called and said that it was all flooded out by you! We had a great time with you guys though and Jackson was bummed when he woke up and Morgan wasn't there:)

US said...

Ok...I put up 2 sets of pictures for YOU (and my mom) so I hope you are happy now (wink wink)

Also, Morgan sleeping with you is so freaken cute.