Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend of Firsts

This weekend my parents and extended family were camping at Tri-Ponds (towards Allegan). We decided to stay with my parents in their camper on Friday night. I wasn't sure how Morgan was going to do since this was her first overnight experience in the camper. I slept with Morgan and Neal slept in the other bed...lets just say none of us slept well and were very happy to sleep in our own beds Saturday night!!!!

Friday night we had our family potluck (yummy!!) and played a game. Morgan was included to play too! She found some candy and $1.50 for her piggy bank!! She fell asleep watching the campfire!

waiting for breakfast!!!!

Saturday, we took the boat out to Dumont. We were out there about 10:45...we didn't realize we couldn't start until 11 so we putted to the beach area. Once we got there it was time. My brother wakeboarded for a while and Morgan fell asleep!!! Neal & I both got to ski, which was probably the first time in about 2 years!! (For the record, I got up right away...Neal needed a couple practices!!!) My cousin Jordan tubed and then we decided to take Morgan on a little tube ride! She did so well!!! She actually fell asleep again!!! (she didn't sleep long the first time-she did wake up after it was done) We left the lake and headed back to the campground. Morgan fell asleep on the way back and this time stayed asleep for about 2 hours!!! We also went to the pool at the campground. It was cold and she wasn't too sure of it but then she actually got use to it and enjoyed herself.
Morgan heading back from the boat to the beach

Morgan loved my cousin Jordan. She would sit on top of him, crawl all over him and give him kisses!!!!

video taken by Uncle Travis

After supper we went on a hayride with all of my cousins (and my aunt too!) I wasn't sure how she was going to like it but she loved it and was waving to everyone!

swinging with Ben waiting for the hayride

On the hayride...sitting next to Allison

About 8:30 we headed for home and Morgan was sleeping by the time we got to Hamilton!
Thanks Mom & Dad for letting us stay with you!!!

1 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

wow! busy weekend!! how fun, though...gotta enjoy our beautiful summer weather!