Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

5/3rd RiverBank Run

Today was the big day!!! Neal & I both decided back in January that we would run the RiverBank Run however it wasn't until last week that we finally signed up! Now today was the day! We got up early! and headed down to GR. We found a good spot to park and headed to meet my friend Hillary. Neal was going to do the 5k (3.1 miles) and I was doing the 10K (6.2) with my best friend Hillary and Neal's cousin Jodi. I was a little nervous this morning because I didn't really train well for this plus I haven't ran 6 miles in at least 10 years (or so!) So I was freaking out! My goal was to finish...our plan was to run/walk it! When we got to the 4 mile marker we were still feeling good...well we were soaked and sore but we were ok...so we got to the first big hill and decided to walk up it and then start running on the down hill. Well, that didn't last because some guy coming up behind us said "keep running!" So the "runner brain" started running and so we started running again! We ran pretty much the whole thing (minus the 50 yards or so) Our time was 1:11.09 (except for Hillary was 1:11.08-she always has to be better!!!) Neal's time was 31:59! So we were both happy!!! I plan on doing it again next year!

1 comments:

Keelie said...

I can't even imagine doing something like that!!! I hate running and would never have that kind of stamina! You should see me taking a walk these days - can we say turtle!:)