Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Dandelion Festival

We had a busy day on Saturday! We went to the Dandelion Festival in the big city (if you would call it that!) of Borculo! I have to be honest...I didn't really know that people really liked Dandelions this much! I couldn't believe how many people come out for this event! The weather was beautiful!!!


The morning started EARLY (ask Ms. Morgan!) Neal & I decided to run in the Dandelion Almost a 5K race! It was good for me to see where I was at since I haven't trained a lot lately and that the 10K is next week! Neal & I both did alright for our first race!
Pre Race! She was ready to go!
Post Race...does she look tired?? :)
After the race was the parade! The parade lasted forever! I couldn't believe it! We stood/sat by Jordan, Natalie & Ruby. Ruby loved the parade and Natalie was just like Morgan. We are thinking that Lindsey is making these girls be wimpy!! They handed out so much candy! Morgan didn't care for the parade up close but standing back she was alright. She didn't like the loud noise.
After the parade the church puts on a ton of activities! There were games for all ages! Morgan got to ride a real pony! She did so well and really enjoyed it. We were a little scared since she has been such a baby lately! She did great! The also had a bouncy toy thing for little kids and Morgan loved that too! They had a slide to get out and she had such a graceful landing!
A former football player of Neal's was there too and challenged Neal to the bungee cord thingy! He didn't win but it was entertaining!
We left about 1pm because Morgan was getting tired. We didn't make it a 1/2 mile and she was out!!!! Lots of fun for the first of many Dandelion Festivals.

1 comments:

girl meets carpenter said...

So sorry that I missed the Dandelion Festival. We love it more than tulip time!! Glad you had fun...sorry about our wimpy girls :)