Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

AHHH! & Still!

Yesterday, I took Morgan back to the doctor for her check up of her ears! Guess what? Still have the double ear infection. I was kind of thinking that she did since she didn't sleep good at all Monday night and she has kind of been crabby/clingy! So we are on medicine for another 10 days and we have to go back in June! Lovely! We didn't weigh her this time but I did ask to have her length measured! 32 3/4 inches!! Yippee!!!! (When we started this diet in Feb. she was 30 1/4 inches!) So we are thankful for the gains!! She is getting heavier too so I know she is gaining weight and Dr. Locke said she looked great!!!

Now since Mother's Day is quickly approaching (NEAL!!) I want to share my story of how I'm going to win mother of the year! On Fridays, Morgan gets to go to Grandma & Grandpa VDZ's house for about 2 hours while I'm at my homebound house! So yesterday we had a busy day planned (homebound, laundry, Tulip Time, Doctor and back to Tulip Time). We had a tight schedule, which I had all planned out! Anyway, I went to pick Morgan up and they were playing outside...so we talked a little and got ready to leave. I put her in the car to go home and realized that she locked my door and she was in there with my keys inside! So here we stand (Father & I) trying to convince Morgan to open the door. I run inside to call Neal (hoping he is close by...no luck!) So we start to try to open it (clothes hanger, etc.) Finally, I'm starting to freak out and I'm like call a tow truck. So mother runs inside and calls the tow truck 10-15 minutes...ok...great she found some candy (like a year old) and starts eating that. She didn't really like that....wonderful she has now found "money" and is putting it in her mouth. Now I'm freaking!!! Finally, as the tow truck is about to pull into the yard, she hits the unlock button! She was ok...just warm! We still made everything by the skin of our teeth!!! Lesson learned-I won't make a habit of this!!!!

Well, Neal & I are off to the Fifth-Third Run...should be a great time!

2 comments:

Ryan and Lydia said...

Oh my goodness! I am sure that you were totally freaking out! One of my worst fears is Avery choking on coins. I can't imagine watching her do that and not being able to do anything about it. That totally sounds like something that Avery would do! I bet Avery and Morgan could really cause some trouble if they put their heads together!

mom23kids said...

I can totally relate...as Malachi has locked me out of the house!!!