Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover LIVE!!!!

I have been keeping a secret since Friday. I know some of you are completely shocked by this!!! I actually am too!!! The BIG secret was that my students and co-workers would be attending Extreme Home Makeover in Lansing as VIPs. I was pumped. I do have to be honest, I have maybe watched the show once or twice but was pretty geeked to be seeing it live in action. The old house was knocked down yesterday at lunchtime and when we arrived they were beginning to put on the 2nd floor. When we left they had the 2nd floor complete, were put windows in, trusses up and they were hoping to shingle yet today!!! The crew work for 6 hours at a time throughout the night and have a house done in 4 1/2 days!!! WOW, wish when we were building it went this fast!! We did see Ty Pennington, Michael Moloney and Rib Hillis! One of my students is a faithful watcher and got to be on the radio and received a picture of all the designers and their autographs! It was awesome!!! The home will air sometime in November and you can bet I will be watching! A big thank you to my supervisor that got us in!!!

The security guy (Robert) in the blue looked like Hulk Hogan. He was really funny too! He has been workign security for 2 years and is from North Carolina!!
The house when we got there!
Michael...
Where everyone stays!

The house when we were leaving! So amazing how quickly everything went together!

3 comments:

US said...

Rachel-How did you make your blog look like a scrap book? You're all crafty and stuff. Mine looks beyind boring next to yours.
-allison

Rachael said...

Rachel - what Fun ! I love extreme home make over!!
Rachael

Keelie said...

Oh my word!!! How cool is that!!! I love that show!! I'll look forward to seeing it! Did the kids enjoy themselves! I'm jealous!:)