Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

For unto us a child is born:
Unto us a Son is given!
Wow, a Son has been given to us! For some reason I just couldn't get into the Christmas spirit this year. I really have shopping to finish yet (thank goodness for a Saturday party!) I've struggled with buying the perfect gift for people this year. Usually I'm done shopping the day after Thanksgiving and here we are Christmas Eve and I'm still not done!!!
Tonight we stayed low key! I made turkey loaf (Neal's favorite!), mashed potatoes and rolls! Then we let Morgan open her gifts. We didn't go crazy because I'm pretty sure she is going to get spoiled by her grandparents! She got a few new outfits, puzzle and farm animals! Neal & I just did stockings since we really didn't need anything (Pictures will have to wait!) Morgan loved opening presents and got right into it! She is going to be so much fun tomorrow! We have to watch her now because she tries to open the presents under the tree! :( Tomorrow, we are off to church, then my parents for lunch and Neal's parents for supper. We have a party on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'm glad they are spread out a little!
Looking at the real reason of Christmas I'm reminded of the greatest gift of all. A baby born in a manager, wrapped in swaddling clothes. Tonight, Morgan and I read the Christmas story (a book given to her last year from a lady I use to work with). I had to speed read because Morgan wanted to keep going...and it reminded me of how we have been...speed, speed, speed...go...go....go! I sometimes forget to stop and just say thank you...thank you for the best Christmas gift that we could ever have. While reading Morgan would stop and point at the baby...that little baby was sent into this world to save us. What an awesome thing!!! I think having my own baby now makes me realize even more what a precious gift that was! On the eve of Christ's birth, I pray that you will stop from all the hustle and bustle and take time to say thanks.
From our house to yours....Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Rachel for that beautiful post and the great music to go with it yes we all forget to slow down and remember the greatest gift of all

girl meets carpenter said...

so true!! Hope you guys had a great christmas! We're excited to see Morgan again, enjoy you're time off with her. I just got caught up on everyone's blogs and on my own and I saw that you have a "Naked baby" post and I named one of my posts that too! How funny that our girls like to be naked...must be that VZ gene!!